Who can join? Any Teenager between 13 and 17 years old. You can join on your 13th birthday.
Do I need to be living in UAE? No, but most of the benefits are UAE based at the moment, worth it if you come here on holiday though.
What if I'm 12 but will be 13 soon? You can join on the day you turn 13 - from September you will be able to buy memberships as gifts from Virgin Megastores.
What if I'm still at school for another year but going to be 18 soon? As long as you turn 18 after 1st September 2012 then you are ok to join TCC for one year - if you are 18 already or will turn 18 before 1st September 2012 then you will not be eligible.
If I turn 18 before 1st August 2013 will I be kicked out of TCC? - No your membership will end though on 1st September 2013 and you will not be allowed to renew. You can apply to be a TCC rep instead!
What info do I need to sign up for TCC membership? Name, TCC nick-name, your email address, your parent or guardians email address, your mobile number if you have one - you will need to have your parent or guardian with you to go through the secure payment process.
How much is it? AED100 for a year's membership - if you pay before 1st September 2012 your membership will still run until 30th September 2013.
What do I get? A membership pack with a TCC Membership Card which is also a TCC Visa Prepaid Card with AED50 loaded on it, TCC Lanyard and VIP Wristband.
What else? - There will be free events for TCC members every month with weekly prizes, giveaways and special offers for TCC members only.
What happens once I've spent AED50? Your parents or guardians can load your allowance onto the card - it's really easy and much safer than carrying cash because if you lose the card you can just get a new one for only AED20 - all your money is automatically transferred to your new card. See the TCC Card section on the website for more info.
What if I lose my Membership card? You do need your card to get all the TCC benefits so you should contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and request a new card. AED20 will be charged for new cards to be issued.
Where can I use the TCC Visa Prepaid Card once it has been issued? Anywhere VISA is taken at a till - here in the UAE or even overseas when you're on holiday. Small charges do apply when you use your card - see the TCC Card page to check them out.
What if I don't spend the cash on my card? The card is valid for 12 months at which time any remaining value on the card will be lost. If you renew your membership it will all be transferred to your new card. We will send you a renewal email to remind you to renew your membership or spend your money!
How do I check what's left on my card? Contact details for balance enquiries will be found on your TCC Visa Prepaid Card.
Can I give my card to a friend or relative? - No, the card is registered in your Parents name and can only be used by you and can not be used by other people.
Can I transfer memberships? No, but you can purchase memberships as gifts for friends or relatives online.
How do I become a reviewer on the TCC site? Email us a sample review to email@example.com and the best will selected for publishing and you'll win a prize!
How do I become a TCC REP? You must between 18 and 21 years old and a UAE resident to become a TCC REP and you can apply here!
Can I cancel my membership? Yes but sorry the membership fee is non-refundable.
Will you be selling my data to other companies to spam me? No, you will receive our monthly newsletter and weekly TCC updates, events and useful information.
How much will my parents know about TCC and what goes on at events? Your parents or guardians will not be attending the TCC events - we will keep them updated on any major incidents, accidents, event policies and of course future events. There will be Parents Lounges outside some events where they may wait for you.
Where are the events and when? There are TCC events every month will be held on Thursday, Friday or Saturday - see our Event Diary for up to date information on all the venues and dates.
How much is entry to the TCC events? This varies from event to event however TCC members will receive a discount. You must present your card on arrival to get the discount though!
Can I take non-members with me to events? Yes if they are between 13 and 17 and take valid ID with them to the event. You must have your card with you to get the TCC discount - any non-members will have to pay full-price.
If I buy an event ticket and then can't make it can I get a refund? Not from TCC - refunds and ticket transfer policies will be different from venue to venue and their venue and event policies will apply.
Are there any events for just the older members - 16 and 17 year olds? Not yet but we will be planning some and will keep you updated online.
Will there be TCC weekend or week long holidays? Yes in the future we will be arranging these but not til 2013 - keep checking on the website and the newsletters for more details and email us where you'd like us to go!
If you still have more questions then please do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our TCC REPS will get back to you.
Here's some extra information for the Parents and Guardians
Our mission is to create an innovative and credible social club for teenagers, delivering cool and high quality entertainment experiences in safe and secure environments.
Through TCC events and experiences both on-line and through personal interaction we are dedicated to the social skill development, talent advancement and further education of the Teens in the UAE.
The physical and mental health and safety of children is of paramount importance to us and we operate a strict no alcohol, smoking or drugs policy and age admission is solely for 13-17 year olds.
Please see our detailed [ Terms and Conditions ], which include the following key bits of information for you:
General Policies & Rules
- On-line engagement with and between TCC Members will be monitored by a TEN employee or REP and any abuse by any party will be reported and any inappropriate online content removed as soon as possible.
- We operate a '3 strikes' Rule for TCC members for inappropriate behavior on or off-line - at which time parents will be contacted and membership or some membership may be revoked.
- TCC Event Entry is in accordance with our Admission Policy and the age restrictions are strictly adhered to. TCC events are only for people who are 13 to 17 years old. Any person wishing to gain entrance is asked to produce their Members Card or appropriate photo ID (non- members)
- Soft drinks, water and juices will be on sale or made available by sponsors. Food will be on sale where appropriate.
- No alcohol branding is displayed and no alcohol is sold or dispensed at any event
- No Tobacco or Cigarette branding is displayed, no tobacco or cigarettes are sold or displayed and smoking is prohibited at all events within TCC event areas (this does not apply in public areas where we are not controlling the location)
- There will be appropriately qualified First Aiders at every event
- All venues will have the TCC search policy on display or available on request. TCC reps or the venues staff reserves the right to carry out searches of customers attending these events. Searches will usually take place on the door and are primarily undertaken to prevent weapons, alcohol and illegal substances being brought into any Venue. Any persons that refuse to be searched are not permitted to attend any TCC events.
- Searches will be conducted in accordance with the venues approved searching policy
- Should we or the venue have to refuse entry to any person or ask an attendee to leave a TCC event or any reason, including, without limitation, inappropriate behavior, then we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any such person will be supervised by the staff at the Venue until their parents/guardians and/or local authority are telephoned and arrive to collect them
- TCC do not operate a managed 'pick up' service for TCC members. The arrival and departure of TCC members is not monitored on check-lists unless we feel that a TCC member is behaving inappropriately or if we have concerns regarding their emotional or physical wellbeing.
- Should we or the venue have concerns in circumstances where it is thought that that young person is vulnerable because of drug, alcohol or emotional difficulties then we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that a parent, guardian or local authority is contacted.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances only people who are employed to work at or supervise the event will be present at the Venue. We do not permit any customers over the age of 18 to these events although we are committed to liaising openly with parents and carers
- As well as venue staff, TCC REPS will be employed to host and attend every event. These REPS will be aged between 18-21 years old and will :-
Treat all young people with respect and dignity
Ensure that the welfare and safety of customers is paramount at all times
Always act in a professional way
Not accept bullying, swearing or other disruptive behavior from any customer
Liaise openly with parents and guardians
Listen to, and act upon, any allegations or concerns of which they become aware in
relation to young people attending our events
Ensure all of our events are fun and enjoyable
TCC REPS will also be subject to strict contractual terms and conditions. The REPS will also adhere to and uphold the TCC policies and there will be a zero tolerance for drinking, drugs, smoking, swearing or behaving in a manner not appropriate when working with teenagers. The REPS will not be permitted to develop friendships with TCC members.
Please note that we will contact you by email to keep you updated on TCC, TCC members benefits and any benefits or promotions from our third party partners that benefit the parents or guardians of TCC members.
We will only contact you by telephone if we need to discuss your teens membership or any concerns we have regarding their behaviour, emergency or child protection issues.
You can contact the management team at anytime on email@example.com or call or SMS our Duty Managers mobile number +971 50 503 3173 with any queries or concerns you may have. The Duty Manager will be available between 9am and 6pm on weekdays and during event hours on the weekends.